Our Unusual Routine Sandbox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Unusual Routine Sandbox

Friends here for each other! Sharing common grounds... Something for everyone!

Amber ticker
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellemora
Hello
Kellemora

Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT Empty
PostSubject: Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT   Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 pm

I spent all of my life, sans the past 6 years, in St. Louis County, MO

Or as it goes, born n raised in Despair and Misery (Des Peres, MO)

Then after 35 years, moved 3 miles North to the city of the Broken Hearted (Creve Coeur, MO)

St. Louisans never go more than 3 miles for anything, EXCEPT
When they catch a cute little Southern Belle (or is that the other way around?)

In any case, with HOOK in JAW, after a short 1-1/2 year honeymoon in St. Louis, we retired to the Foothills of the Smoky Mountains!
To a very olde crooked little house, with a crooked little roof and crooked little floors! But it's PAID FOR! It's the maintenance that kills ya, hi hi......

I'm a MidWesterner trapped in RedNeck County and STILL have not learned the Language down here!

But I will say one thing, It's BEAUTIFUL down here!

TTUL
Gary
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~classichauslimited/
dilly202
Hello

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT   Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:18 am

And strangers will talk to you not act like you are the enemy.
Back to top Go down
dixiegalpa
Admin
dixiegalpa

Character sheet
Game: 5
woodland nymph emerald: 5
creation: gender

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT   Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:33 am

You'll eventually learn the lingo. Its not too bad. I grew up with a southern daddy so I ended up with the southern accent and the "strange" words that nobody understood at first. But they always eventually got it. I wish I was down South. Lucky you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kellemora
Hello
Kellemora

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT   Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:07 pm

My mom is a native Tennesseean, but they consider that end of the state a different country, hi hi..........

I have figured out that Ya'll is SINGULAR and All Ya'll is the PLURAL form!

They give away so many SUGARS down here, there's NONE LEFT to put in the Corn Bread!

After a few slaps I finally figured at that being called Honey with a WINK wasn't a come on!

There is a SAD NOTE though! Back home we had the three strikes rule for everyone in any form of public service. Whether it be fire or police, down to bus drivers and city employees.
They messed up three times (broke the same law repeatedly) they were fired on the spot and labeled as Habitual Offenders of the Law.
I often wondered where, if any, these criminals could land a job after that?
After moving to Knoxville I found out! Here they all are!
They pin a badge on them, and give them a gun and a car with the words Sheriff on the side. Or put them in a SKEWL BUS with 40 to 60 kids inside. Or stick them in an ambulance as the driver. Very Scary to say the least!

TTUL
Gary
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~classichauslimited/
dilly202
Hello

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT   Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Back to top Go down
tweetypie50
Friendly playmate
tweetypie50

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT   Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:53 am

hi hi DILLY!!!!!!

GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE.....HEY GO ON INTO INTRO AND INTODUCE YOURSELF!!! didnt know you were here till i saw this POST.... lol! how you doing?
Back to top Go down
http://jesusgurl50.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT   Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT Empty

Back to top Go down

Tennessee ain't the Midwest BUT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Unusual Routine Sandbox :: State/ region talk :: MidWest-
Jump to: