Our Unusual Routine Sandbox

Friends here for each other! Sharing common grounds... Something for everyone!

Amber ticker
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

In case you're interested

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Karen A
Admin

Character sheet
Game: 5
woodland nymph emerald: 5
creation: magic knowledge

PostSubject: In case you're interested   Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:56 pm

Have you heard that old curse - may your life be interesting . . . .

well, this week, my life has been rather intersting . . .

My daughter was at the doctor's this week and parked in a parking garage. There was a stray cat running around and the parking attendant said he'd been taking care of it a while. Kate, being a sucker for strays, decided to bring it home and make it part of the family. She picked it up and something spooked him and he jumped out of her arms. When he jumped, he rear claw caught her arm.
He caught her pretty well because it caused a deep gash on the arm.
She didn't get to the doctor right away, and for those of you who have ever been bitten, you know you have to get to treatment immediately.
Well, she waited several hours - by the time she got it looked at, the arm was several times its normal size and she couldn't move her fingers. The doctors started antibiotics- a couple of rounds later and the arm wasn't getting better.
Because the gash was deep, the doctor decided to operate because the site was really inflamed - 18 stiches, rabies shots, and unable to use her right arm for two weeks.
She was in the hospital two days. She came home on Saturday morning. She should be fine, but this is the same game who's still recovering from back surgery . . . . funny, funny.

Saturday afternoon, my cousin was shopping with one of his sons. The cousin collapsed in the store and was transported to the same hospital. The same hospital my daughter had been released from that morning He was admitted and his son spent the night in the hospital with him. The son is now staying with my mother until his father is released. I expect he'll be fine.

My step mother called me Wednesday morning, my father was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. He had been scheduled to have an angiogram on Friday anyway, but sometimes, the Fates have other plans. It turns out, due to concerns about a kidney, they wanted to medicate him to protect the kidney before the surgery so he's having it today anyway. He should be fine, but, we're still waiting for news.

So, that's been my life this week. well, the life of those around me, anyway. How's your's going.

Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Sorry to hear that Karen! At least it explains why I didn't hear much from you this week. They do say bad things happen in 3's, so I guess you've had your share for a while.

This week was pretty uneventful for me. Took dad to the VA for a Dr. appointment one day and all is well with him. Now on to the next appointment.

Hope all your family members come thru fine and are back up and about in no time.

Admin

Character sheet
creation: garden skill

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Wow!! What a month!! I hope all turns out well. I am thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
sharont
Sandcastle Soul

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:37 am

I do hope things get better for you.

I am having such a "wonderful" (sarcasticly) time at work. The regional manager has come in making changes & now no one can be off at 1pm, we all have to be off at 2pm. well I have to leave no later than 2:15 to go get Clay from school. I havent been able to roll silverware (servers do that at the restaurants) so I have to do extra on weekends or other days when I can. Manager informed me yesterday when I was trying to leave early (I was breaker making sure everyone got a break) that this wouldn't be happening. That like everyone else I have to have my work done before I can leave. I told her I wasnt available till 2pm during mon-fri. she said that change your availablity. which means I would only be able to work sat/sun. cant feed or keep a roof over our heads with just 2 days of work. I have to tell her today what I am going to do. this all happened yesterday. I have put my application in at several places yesterday afternoon so Im hoping one will call. Oh and yup hubby quit his job back in June & still hasnt tried to get a job...keeps coming up with excuses everytime I find something I think he can do.
Back to top Go down
Karen A
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:34 am

Wow, Sharon, it sounds like you have an interesting life too. I hope one of those applications comes back with something great for you.
Thanks Carol and Lulii. Dad may be out today or Monday. He said he's feeling a little better - he lost 16 pounds this week - all fluid! Off to start the day, hope you're all well.

Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Karen, I am happy to hear your dad is doing OK. I hope he has a full and speedy recovery! I hope your daughter and cousin are well also. Cat scratch fever is serious stuff but she had to get rabies shots too! Yikes!! What a week you've had. Sending good vibes your way.....

My best to you, Sharon. Hope things work out for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:36 am

Karen, when my dad had his bout with congestive heart failure over Easter, he then lost 20-25 lbs within the next couple weeks (all due to the water pill they give you). He's now gained about 10 of those back. He keeps asking if they can take him off the water pill, but I tell him if they do, his limbs will swell up again and he'll be back in the ER.

Oh getting old (or taking care of those that are) is no fun!!

Sandcastle Soul

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:06 am

My Karen, you had quite a week! I got bit by a cat once on my wrist, and she bit right down to the bone. It hurt so badly, but it was only a little hole that didn't bleed much, so I figured Id wait. (I hate going to the dr) Next morning my entire hand was swollen and hurt like the devil. Had to go to the ER and they fixed me up with a round of antibiotics, and learned that you don't NOT get treated from a bite from an animal, even if she's your own.

Hope things improve for you!

hugs, Nancy~
Back to top Go down
http://www.strawberricandlesandsuch.com
Karen A
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Are you ready for the next round of 'As the Saga continues'?

When last we saw our hero's they had been set upon by the dasterdly deeds of misfortune and left us with a cliff hanger, will everyone be okay, will the news be bad . . . Much finger chewing, oh, what happens next.
The updates on the three family members on the current list because things happen in three's, right?

(1) Dad is out of the hospital, they put in 4 stents, got some of the blockage, but he's still only at 10% capacity right now, but he's feeling better.

(2) Kate, my daughter is doing better. The doctors repaired the tendon. After almost a week of being bandaged, she can move all of her fingers. The wrist isn't moving yet, but that may be because she's still wrapped in bandages.

(3) Daniel, my cousin, is still in the hospital. He's being treated for pneumonia, but he's still on a respirator because he's having trouble breathing. His two boys stayed with their aunt for the weekend and my Mom's been picking them up and taking them where they need to be.
Last week is over, thank goodness, and everyone should be fine.

but, before we take a deep breath, glad that it's all behind us, let's see how the Saga continues' & this week started out . . .
(1) or (4) My nephew, his wife, and son are staying with my mother until their apartment is ready, in 2 weeks. Megan, his wife, was rear-ended. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt and the baby wan't in the car; but the car needs some work.

(2) or (5) Steve, my brother is here visiting for a while so he could see Dad before the surgery. We haven't seen Steve in a few years and he thought this would be a good time to visit for a few weeks.
He took a part time job, catering, while he's here. (this is the same brother that had the heart attack when he was 35, and was hurt at work and diagnosed with, and treated for, a torn rotator cuff. He got a second opinion after his 5th surgery and it turns out he broke his neck - but that's a whole different story)
Steve was taking out the trash after work at the catering job and slipped in some wet leaves - he hit his hand on the dumpster as he fell, and landed on the hand, on a broken bottle. His right hand is currently a mass of stitches.

so, this has got to be the wierdest month I've ever seen, people around me are dropping like flies. . . . and since things happen in 3's, this week's number 3, the month's number (6) is out there, waiting, . . . . waiting.

Anyone know any special prayers or curse removals ? ? ? ? ?

We have to laugh, the whole think is too odd not to, but I think the rest of the family is going to curl up under a blanket for a while.

If you don't see me posting for a day or two, someone send in the search dogs . . . .

strawberricandle
Sandcastle Soul

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:11 pm

wow, Karen your life lately could make a great soap opera!! You can't make this stuff up...hope things settle down for you

hugs, Nancy~
Back to top Go down
http://www.strawberricandlesandsuch.com
Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:13 am

My goodness Karen, what a weird couple of weeks! Sorry, but I don't think I'll be coming up for a visit for a while. Think I'll let all the mishaps go away before I do!

Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:21 am

My gosh, things have got to go uphill from there!!
Back to top Go down
Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Quote :
If you don't see me posting for a day or two, someone send in the search dogs . .

I've got a few dogs that could find you; no worries! LOL

I send my best to you and yours.

Back to top Go down
Krisi
Admin

Character sheet
creation: gender

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Heck, I'll just drive out and start searching myself!

Cats are very lovable creatures with VERY dirty mouths. BAck in June, an cat attacked my neighbors Rottie, and almost killed him with the bacteria it was carrying.

Most everything here is going ok. My back was tweaked last week at work, and I was pulled out of work for 5 days. That made me a bit upset, but I'll get over it, lol! Davids PT is almost over, and there has been no change in his knee and PCL. Sooo, Off to the Dr. next week to see what is next. Chances are, surgery. KNOCKING ON WOOD!!!!!! My boys haven't gotten sick, although it seems like everyday a new case of swine flu is diagnosed. And my laptop power cord decided to split, so I am anxiously awaiting a new one coming in the mail. Fun, Fun!

Nowhere near as exciting as it seems, lol.

I Hope everyone gets on more of an uphill stance now! Especially you Karen! And you too Sharon! Best wishes, and good Mo Jo flowing from me to you!

Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Hey Sharon, since your hubby isn't working, why can't he pick up the boys so you can work more hours? There's got to be something he can do to help.

Friendly playmate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Sharon, I agree with Carol. why can't daddy pick up the kids from school? He could help contribute that way. If he doesn't want to be the bread winner he needs to become Mr. Mom!! Only fair!!!

Karen, sorry about all your family woes. I sure pray things turn around for you all. Laying a safe covering over your house RIGHT NOW!!

Crossing fingers, eyes and making sign of the cross that everyone stays safe and healthy!
Back to top Go down
sharont
Sandcastle Soul

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:06 am

Yeah but than I would be worring that he isnt sleeping like usual instead of getting in lin to get kid.
Back to top Go down
Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:08 am

Sorry Sharon, I didn't understand your note. If he's not working, he has all night to sleep and just about all day if he's not doing anything else. If you're the one with the job, he should at least step up and do more with the kids and the house to help out so you can work more hours. Just my opinion.

Sandcastle Soul

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:06 am

Nope Carol I am back to where I was last year. This year started out like it was gonna get better & it did till he quit in June. He is getting back into the not doing anything again. Once in a blue moon he helps with dishes but that is pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Karen A
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 am

Sharon, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I do hope things look up for you. here's a wish for you that couch potatoes find energy to get up and help out and don't leave you to try to do it all.

wildrose41
Friendly playmate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:20 pm

I know I don't know you, Sharon and only assuming that this is the scenario, but depression is a horrible thing for individuals and everyone immediately attached to them. Sharon I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Your husband needs some professional help. You and your children deserve better. You have taking it all upon yourself and that's not healthy for you either. You can't MAKE your husband go out and get a job, help around the house, etc by bullying him or nagging him and it sounds like you don't, but you put up with all of it and just hope it's going to get better. He has to come to the realization that life is a whole lot better when he's contributing his part. You might look into some local mental health departments there and see if you can find some free help. You start going and maybe he will follow. Encourage him to go with you. It's not easy, but since you take the initiative in everything else push forward and see where it goes.
Back to top Go down
sharont
Sandcastle Soul

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:53 am

wildrose...you are sooo right. He does have depression. has had it for a while. He knows this & already has gone & had some counseling. But he stopped cause he said that the lady didn't know what she was talking about. We have a person that comes into our home twice a month to help us with the boys (especially clay) he even said to me that he thinks there is more to hubby mentally. But he even agreed that hubby wont agree & go do what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
wildrose41
Friendly playmate

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:07 am

Sharon it sounds like he needs or you need to find a male counselor for him. Maybe hubby will respond to a male better. Maybe hubby needs a complete physical. There could be underlining health problems, too. He could get some supplemental income (SSI) due to any debilitating health problems that are found. One way to get him to the doctor would be to fib about the possibility of FREE money out of it. I don't know it couldn't hurt.
I dealt with the same problem for years. He would make an effort, but it never lasted for long. I put in 27 years into the marriage and saw 3 kids raised. My children lived with it, saw it first hand and hated it and never could understand why I stayed with dad. I just never thought I could raise them by myself so stuck with it, but once the kids where out on there own I decided there was nothing keeping me there anymore. I have remarried, 10 years next May and couldn't be
happier. The EX, he's never changed to this day, but I don't feel guilty in my decision.
Back to top Go down
Karen A
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:22 pm

Congrats on taking care of your needs Marie - and happy almost anniversary - the second time around is best!
Sharon, I hope you find what you need for yourself, your happiness, your kids' and familiy's happiness and healthfulness. Most communities or medical centers have a Women's Wellness network, listed in the yellow pages or community bulliten board; perhaps they can help you find what you need, for all of you.
In the meantime -

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In case you're interested   

Back to top Go down

In case you're interested
Page 1 of 1