Our Unusual Routine Sandbox

Friends here for each other! Sharing common grounds... Something for everyone!

Amber ticker
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

How is your garden?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: How is your garden?   Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:27 am

Just wondered how everyones veggies are doing this season. I've got tomatoes ready now with many more to follow and my peppers are coming along fine after a slow start. Already have/had cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, and kohlrabi. Cucumbers are not doing the best but getting some and I am waiting on the squash. Hope you are enjoying the fruits of your labor Smile Oh, are corn is coming along fine too. Got a while for it yet as we planted a late season crop. Crossing fingers for it to do great.
Back to top Go down
Krisi
Admin

Character sheet
Game: 5
woodland nymph emerald: 5
creation: gender

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Mine is growing ok. I have had MANY green and yellow beans. Pulling carrots, pulled radishes, consistent lettuces and beets. I love my greens! As usual, my peas were small quantities... But I did get some.

It seems everyone around here has had issues with blight on their tomatoes and potaoes... BUT mine are good so far. Tons of plum toms, good amount of golden boys, and beefsteaks... And my golden cherries are clustered up and coloring out now.

My jalapenos are coming along slow, but they are still coming. my bells are very slow... Hoping to get some before it starts freezing. If not, I will bring them in, and pollinate myself. Last year I had toms well into Dec. doing that.

My squash, and pumpkins are growing.. flowering... and thats about it! Grr!

My rhubarb is growing nicely. corn is small. blueberries are turning, and we have picked TONS of raspberries and blackberries. I am watching the grapes, gooseberries, chokeberries, and elderberries... as well as the wild cherries. Looking forward to pies!!! and jams too.

Spinach is still producing well, and my herbs are trying. Toomuch rain this year. Everything was way too wet. However, we shall prevail. my dill, basil, chives, oregano, and cilantro are all doing ok. The lavendar however is afraid tomake it's appearance. The wild mint is getting crazy too. Go figure! LOL!

I think that was all I planted for food this year...

Wrennie
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:52 am

We have a rash of blight here too. Way too much rain this summer. I've used copper to try to keep it in check so my atoes are doing ok so far (cross fingers) Hassenfeffer got most of my beans, the root crops are ok, i mean the ones that werent dug up by chippys or hasenfeffer.Have a bunch of cuke blooms, peppers and brussels seem ok.
Back to top Go down
Penny
Hello

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 am

I think that everyone has had a touch of blight somewhere, with the cool and damp start to the summer that we've had, no wonder Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 am

Krisi, wow, you about planted your own grocery store. Very cool. Glad most everything is doing well for you. 2 thumbs

Wrennie, that's great your maters are free of blight but I know you've been battleing those blasted rabbits. Surprised you have not had one for dinner yet. We like brussel sprouts but I have yet to grow those. Gotta add that to my list for next year.

We were below average on rain unlike most of you. However, my tomatoes are getting either blight or grey leaf spot so I am fighting that. They mostly look good/healthy it is just a few lower leaves so far. Bad news is we had a hard and heavy thunderstorm come thru yesterday evening and our corn blew over. YES ALL OF IT. I can't even look and could cry. Have the thought of trying to stand it back up but we are not sure if that'll work? It's sure gonna be a long task if we do. Guess I'll go take a closer look and try Sad

Penny, it's nice to see you here. Very Happy Glad you joined us.
Back to top Go down
Penny
Hello

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:01 am

Thats too bad about your maters getting blight Shelly.

Nice to see you too.,
Back to top Go down
Vine
Admin

Character sheet
creation: garden skill

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 pm

I am sorry about the blight problem. Krisi you really have alot of fresh vegges and herbs. That sounds wonderful. We have pretty much just fried, people and plants since mid June here. sunny

Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:15 am

My goal is to plant and freeze EVERYTHING I can. ILOVE my fresh veggies. It is so much cheaper to just grow my own! LOL! Now Ineed togoseehowmy apple trees aredoing. My Beautiful Granny Smith should be doing VERY well.I can taste the pies now!!! YUMMY!!!

PENNY!!!!!!!! SOGLAD YOU ARE HERE!!!! How ARE you!?!?!?!?!?

Wrennie I hope you can stay free from the naughty disease. It's getting everyone... No

Shelly< you can try to stand them up. Mine got stomped twice thisyear. Thats why they are staying smaller I think. Well that, and I was N OT intending on planting them where they are. They got planted on accident this year. What a Face

Ali... wish you weren't frying so much!

Penny
Hello

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:51 am

KRISI............how are ya Girl!!!!
I've missed chatting with you!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Krisi
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Well... WELCOME INTO OUR AREA!!! big hugs hearthug Hugger

A home for us all.

i AM always HERE, and will ALWAYS be available to chat with ya! I've missed you too!!!

How is it going up there? Are you as rainy as we have been? Haven't been able to send Dave up that way lately... Oh Well... LOL.

pourfolkes
Admin

Character sheet
creation: magic knowledge

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:20 am

Well, I have had garden challenges this whole year.... off to a great start early in the year and then the hail storm in March drove all of it into the ground..lol. So, we replanted and, and..... well all I can say is do you like your plants extra crispy???? LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Penny
Hello

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:56 am

It has been, it started off cold and rainy, and its now nice and the veggies are loving it....thankfully~~!
Back to top Go down
Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Most of our corn has stood back up on it's own. We only have about a dozen to help up. Very Happy However, just since my 1st post on this my cucumber plants have died. Something got them and I gotta figure out what happened. I think it's some kinda bug underground?

Krisi, you sound like a little Martha Stewart! I try to freeze all I can too. Not only does it save $ but it tastes a heck of a lot better.

Sorry to hear about your weather, Rita and Ali. I sure feel for ya.

Penny, I'm glad your weather has improved.
Back to top Go down
Krisi
Admin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Lolol, Not quite Martha Stewart here... Martha still has a few on me. Lolol!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is your garden?   

Back to top Go down

How is your garden?
Page 1 of 1