Our Unusual Routine Sandbox

Friends here for each other! Sharing common grounds... Something for everyone!

Amber ticker
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Our Unusual Routine Sandbox on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:02 am

hi everyone, I thought I'd start a little thing to keep track of my vegtable gardens progress.

right now my tomatoes are 90% ready for transplanting and the one I already transplanted has blooms.

my lettuce is on it's 6 or 7th harvest and mypeas are starting to come in.
I know I said I'd post picture but those will have to wait till a future post.

DLF
Back to top Go down
Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet
Game: 5
woodland nymph emerald: 5
creation: magic knowledge

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:17 am

Sounds good! Now all you need is some sunshine to make those little babies grow!

Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Can't wait to see the progress. I assume you started your tomatoes from seed, yes? Do they have 2 sets of leaves yet? That is when you can transplant them. I stake mine at the time I plant them. I also use Espoma Tomato~Tone fertilizer that you can either mix with the soil when planting or use as a side dressing. The tomatoes love it and I believe it is all organic. Just an FYI in case you have not heard of it. Best of luck this growing season!
Back to top Go down
Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:59 am

Photobucket
these were my tomatoes on the 3rd I planted two yesterday.

My Neves azorean red and my brandywine

I started 8 out of nine from seed. I have one sweet 100 from a transplant.

I didn't use espoma tomato tone instead I used bone meal and dynamite + liquid kelp

Sweet 100
here's the sweet 100
Back to top Go down
Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:10 am

Looking good! And already buds. Not bad!

Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:27 am

I have my first fruit set on the sweet 100 tomato! 2 more plants went in the ground and I only have three to go. I think its time to rig up the trellises soon. I'llhave to post pictures of my sweet 100 fruit set.

ok thats it for now. rosey
Back to top Go down
Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:50 am

all but one of tomatoes is planted. allof them are very small except for the Sweet 100 which is alreadyon it's second blossom cluster.

moral of the story maybe it's better to buy the 8" transplant then start your own from seed.

of course that would limit my choice of varieties so I'll probally stick to seeding.
Back to top Go down
cg5071
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

Character sheet
creation: garden skill

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:15 pm

hi dlf. i planted a couple of tomatoes too yesterday. you must be up north like me Smile

i have had good luck with tomatoes from seed. wintersown to be exact. even better than with store bought seeds. like you i really like the variety and dont need a hundred of one kind anyways,lol. i really like the black-purple varieties for flavor and of course a cherry or 2. good luck, chris
Back to top Go down
Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:20 pm

nope I'm in SE NY. I got most of them planted 2 weeks ago but I'm still about 5 or 6 weeks behind for the season.
Back to top Go down
cg5071
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

Character sheet
creation: garden skill

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:26 pm

ok, you are warmer. it has been a cold spring here too. we usually try and plant the 1st of june.
Back to top Go down
Wrennie
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 pm

ok all I see is the href coding
Back to top Go down
Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 pm

wrennie do the pictures I posted show up now?
Back to top Go down
Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 am

Jeremy, the only pics I see are the tomatoes in the 8 red cups and the one plant with the bud up in your 2nd post.

Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:50 am

those are the only pictures you should see there aren't any others.
Back to top Go down
Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:34 am

I'm seeing the same thing as Wrennie, no pics and no place to click on to see them just the coding.

When did you start your tomato seeds?
Back to top Go down
Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:55 am

my seeds the first week of april. does this help with the image

Back to top Go down
Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 pm

I can see them now! They are not a bad size at all for starting the seeds in April. I planted mine when they were that size the last week of May and now they are over 1/2 way up the mater stake and I have lots of tomatoes coming on. May I ask why you thought you should by some transplants instead of growing from seed? Good luck with yours and thanks for sharing the pic.
Back to top Go down
Sierasky
Now Your Family.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Gee, how come I saw the pictures in your first post but Wrennie and Shelly couldn't?

My dad does both seeds & transplants but I think the seeds just come up on their own from the previous year. I'll see his plants on Thurs so I'll be able to check on size.

Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:06 am

Shelly, the only reason I can think of is it seems that plants started from seed are always farther behind. however since you can get far more varieties from seed and with the late blight and everything I'm sure I will start from seed again next year and not switch to buying transplants.
Back to top Go down
Shelly
Sandcastle Soul

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:28 am

Starting from seed seems more rewarding, I think. Glad your gonna keep it up. Do you have room to start them inside earlier? I am SO glad I started from seed after reading your post about blight. If you enjoy different varieties of tomatoes and especially heirloom I have a friend you might want to get in touch with that has tons of seeds and also advice if you need it. Her screen name is Tomato Addict and that tells you how into them she is. LOL If you want her email you can pm me and I'll give it to you.
Back to top Go down
Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:52 am

hello everyone I had my first ripe tomato from the sweet 100 plant I'll try pics monday
Back to top Go down
Penny
Hello

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:18 pm

Thats great, its always so exciting to get that first one off the vine!
Back to top Go down
Krisi
Admin

Character sheet
creation: gender

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:17 pm

AWESOME D!!! Good Job!

Daylilyfanatic
Welcome Aboard
Welcome Aboard

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:15 am

well I think I'm a little overdue for a proper update. with the cold wet weather in june and july I thought all was lost and with late blight on top of that I didn't want to even think about posting a long update.

well anyway its september now and no plants have late blight the sweet 100 has almost 40 tomatoes on it and the Japanese black triefle has one not full size green tomato the rest don't even have flowers.

so
both MP's have 0 fruit
NAR has 0 fruit
coustralee 0 fruit
brandy boy 0 fruit
brandy wine 0 fruit
JBT 1 green fruit
Sweet 100 40+ fruit 9 ripe so far more are ripening
as far as taste the sweet 100 is the best tomato I've ever had
(guess I know one tomato I'll grow next year) Smile

ok here are some pictures of the sweet 100 plant
Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 am

Can't wait to see the progress. I assume you started your tomatoes from seed, yes? Do they have 2 sets of leaves yet? That is when you can transplant them. I stake mine at the time I plant them. I also use Espoma Tomato~Tone fertilizer that you can either mix with the soil when planting or use as a side dressing. The tomatoes love it and I believe it is all organic. Just an FYI in case you have not heard of it. Best of luck this growing season!

shipping insurance
christian education
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)   

Back to top Go down

MY tomato and vegtable diary (with pics)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next